Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

ARC fliers

Welcome to losethestraps.com - the original site dedicated to kitesurfers that are evolving the strapless scene. Please introduce yourself to the forum by posting here.

Moderator: Lonny

ARC fliers

Postby owenbre » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:52 am

I konw we're about as common as a purple Dodo :lol:

My question:

Am i the only strapless ARC flier in the world ???
If not ... any of ye got any ARC specific tips for a brand new Homemade skimboarder?

I first tried a skimboard with a kite on Honeymoon in Fiji.As we we're flying round the world the thought of bringing a TT with me from Ireland was out of the question so i settled for buying a cheap regular Skim when i got there.It was good fun so i decided i'd give making a kite specific one a shot when i got home.
I've used it a few times now and enjoy it more every time,using mainly a 16mtr Scorp and a 10 Syn.

Looking forward to getting up to the standard i've seen on this site .... which is amazing bty ;)

Regards,
Owen
owenbre
Grom

Share |

Re: ARC fliers

Postby sundogchicky » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:40 pm

i have a few friends that fly PLs strapless and swear by them, ive owned a few and think they are really cool kites and the best kite for kitefishing with their auto zenith.and of course ,you can sleep in them at night. got any photos of your homade skimmy? also, this is a cool place to hide a really bad video, i threw a clip of a purple dodo dying at the end ,so itll kinda fit the theme of your post. :wink:
Last edited by sundogchicky on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby Lonny » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:01 pm

sundogchicky wrote: also, this is a cool place to hide a really bad video

Man, if this is the bad video, I don't want to see the good one. Damn you! :lol:
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby sundogchicky » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:39 pm

ive always wanted a "sexchange", :lol: :roll: but when ya revert out of a sexchange, what the hell do ya call it? "never mind, rewind"? if you change your stance and switch your board 180, you dont really do anything. i do a lot of nothing,
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby gman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Nice chicky vid! like the ole on the wave - sweet
gman
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby sundogchicky » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:39 pm

no, damn you ... what the hells with 1:14 ish of skim stoke? the super elusive east coasted sexchanged lonmower tranny? rare bird indeed.
still lots to digest in that one and always worth the pre session inspiration. hmm averaging 18 mph. one more watch of skimstoke, then ill head out.
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Postby Lonny » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 am

Well I have not seen a breath of wind in 5 fricken weeks! This is the worst Summer I can ever remember! Not sure if I can even skim any more! I have had a new board to test in my garage and I am itching to hit the water with this bad boy. NADA! :( :( So, while you are counting your 18 mph enjoy it for me. You will have the Lonmower turned into some west cost double overhead surf trick before I ever get on the water again. If it stays this bad I am going to have to do the double bean burrito at Taco Bell to generate my own apparent wind. :lol: :lol:
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby sundogchicky » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:50 am

thats sux, well just send that bad boy over here and will give it a good working over, im talking about your new skim, but you can come along as well.
the wind dropped out as soon as i typed mph, i wont do that again. heres the ultimate light wind weapon, my 11 meter cabrinha crossbow ids gets going with only two items from the 99 cent value menu but it does take the double burritto to get out on the water. this is yesterday with only a bean and cheese burritto with a side of nachos, i shoulda super sized. as i all i could generate was about 6 to 8 on the top end.

WARNING!!! straps inside, and please dont mind the smell.
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Return to Welcome