Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Swedish shots

This is the place to post your pictures and youtube videos showing off your strapless sickness! Show us the goods. Prepare for the praise or the punishment. Hey if you never show it, we will never know it!

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Swedish shots

Postby Yann » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

Same day same spot as the movie I posted last time. <---- Lonny help! I'm a freakin web developer and I can't figure out how to post a vimeo clip :oops:

Creds to Sam Hansson for creating the movie and Nordic Surfers Mag for hosting it in Vimeo and posting it on the site. See some more local cold water stoke flicks here
DSC04635.jpg
This was the last time my feet saw the sun. Now they are hidden away in booties for the next 6 months.
DSC04635.jpg (481.5 KiB) Viewed 54087 times
Attachments
DSC04622.jpg
Backside aerial
DSC04622.jpg (390.79 KiB) Viewed 54085 times
DSC04611.jpg
...again
DSC04611.jpg (283.68 KiB) Viewed 54081 times
Last edited by Yann on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- sorry it's in swedish but pictures are international ;-)
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Re: Swedish shots

Postby Yann » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:07 pm

That's me in the corneeeeer
That's Mat in the spotlight
I'm losing my surfbooooaaard! - REM
:D
DSC04620.jpg
DSC04620.jpg (369.74 KiB) Viewed 54071 times
DSC04649.jpg
DSC04649.jpg (412.6 KiB) Viewed 54071 times
Last edited by Yann on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby chanson » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Sick shots!!! :twisted: :mrgreen:
chanson
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Yann » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks Chanson! Creds to Åsa my girlfriend who take the pictures. As long as it's not raining she doesn't mind standing there in 30 knots onshore and freezing temperatures. I don't see that many desperate kitewives out there like her :mrgreen:
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Lonny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Yann wrote: <---- Lonny help! I'm a freakin web developer and I can't figure out how to post a vimeo clip :oops::

Yann, you had it perfect, you just left out the www

Those shots look so gnarly. I love the way the bottom of your board looks. Super nice airs with the grab. :twisted: I also love how grey the sky looks in those shots. It just looks more hardcore. Thanks for posting and the video is great. Props to your girl for shooting those. Nice to have a good photographer willing to sit out there to shoot - its a bonus if she is your girl too! :lol:
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Yann » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:18 am

I had a crazy day yesterday at my home spot with overhead waves and 40knots gusts. Was out on my 5m with 15meter lines. Made a bad maneuver on a wave and got tumbled with slack in the lines. Tangled my leg, dropped the kite and a wave caught it so I had to release and self rescue all the way back to shore. Lost my board and borrowed my brothers TT to go and look for it. Found it on another beach and tried to tow it back with my kite leash but ripped the leash plug apart. Instead I surfed my board and had to hold the TT with one hand (it didn't have a handle) but broke a fin in the sand when I tried to get speed with just one hand... :-( Here are some pictures and you can see some more pics here:

http://www.gubbsurf.se/post/Gnarly-Lajet.aspx

Creds to Mathiue Turries | Nordic Surfers Mag for letting me use his pictures.

2.jpg
2.jpg (404.53 KiB) Viewed 53927 times

0.jpg
0.jpg (344.65 KiB) Viewed 53926 times

1.jpg
1.jpg (351.81 KiB) Viewed 53925 times
Last edited by Yann on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby chanson » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 pm

yeah Yann..!!

way to charge it...

Now that looks like the OR-coast last weekend..!!!
:twisted:
chanson
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby mikelet » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Nice Pics,nice conditions except for the freezing cold :D !!!!
Funny you've got a clon here!,i'm also on ozone kites,also on a noseless,even with the same Ozone Lycra in top of the wetsuit...... :mrgreen:
mikelet
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Yann » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Haha, what a coincidence! Where are you located and what sizes and models are you using? I'm on the 13, 9, 7, 5 Sport II and the 3 Light. Love 'em all! Perfect for toeside riding with the easy bar pressure and loads of depower without using the depower strap. The 3m Light is a little heavier though.

Water is still quite warm, 9-10 degrees C. This was the first time I didn't overheat in my 6/4mm wettie and yesterday (as you can see) we even had sun!

Chanson, Windguru says 50 knots for tomorrow in the Gorge. Can that be true?
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Lonny » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Yann wrote:I had a crazy day yesterday at my home spot with overhead waves and 40knots gusts. Was out on my 5m with 15meter lines. Made a bad maneuver on a wave and got tumbled with slack in the lines. Tangled my leg, dropped the kite and a wave caught it so I had to release and self rescue all the way back to shore. Lost my board and borrowed my brothers TT to go and look for it. Found it on another beach and tried to tow it back with my kite leash but ripped the leash plug apart. Instead I surfed my board and had to hold the TT with one hand (it didn't have a handle) but broke a fin in the sand when I tried to get speed with just one hand... :-( Here are some pictures and you can see some more pics here:

Yann, you are a madman. :shock: Mass respect to you being out there and crushing it and then getting crushed. Getting rolled with slack in the kite is my worst nightmare. When you released were able to free yourself easily? All and all after that story if all that happened was you broke a fin and blew the leash plug I would feel pretty good about it. Using a 5m on 15m lines talk about response time. That must be unreal.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Yann » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 am

I managed to get my leg free before i got full tension in the lines again. It's a little more difficult to feel where the lines are with all the rubber on but I luckily wasn't tangled bad. My right leg just went through the back lines. The wave that I just rode, caught the kite before I had time to release. Tried to flag out my body and make as less resistance as possible to avoid ripping the kite. After that I released the kite before the second wave caught it. I was by then only connected with one flying line to the kite but the next wave still pulled it like mad. When i got a bit further in and the waves were smaller i started winding up the leash on my harness hook, making it thicker. Then it was easy to just continue winding until i got to the bar and finally the kite. I folded the kite in the middle so I could get to both the handles. I imagine this being easier on a small kite as the 5m. I then tried to aim at my launching spot at the bottom left of the bay but the wind took me straight downwind so I had to walk for a bit.

I recommend everyone to practice releasing in complete darkness because that is what it is like in the foam or in deep water. I initially pushed it the wrong way before i got it right. The Ozone is an asymmetric pull release which makes it important to always put it the same way on the harness hook.
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby pebbles » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:14 am

Cool pics! That looks wicked cold!
pebbles
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby mikelet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 am

Haha, what a coincidence! Where are you located and what sizes and models are you using? I'm on the 13, 9, 7, 5 Sport II and the 3 Light. Love 'em all! Perfect for toeside riding with the easy bar pressure and loads of depower without using the depower strap. The 3m Light is a little heavier though.

Hi Yann!!.I'm located in Spain,Mallorca island,I'm so happy with Ozones and love them too.Got Edge13 II.11-9-7 Sports and a light 5m.
Had an awsome first session on light 5m last week on 35-40 knots with waves but on my " :oops: strapped :oops: " quad.As you said light is heaviest on the bar,but man i love this little kite and how it performs,also thinking on upgrading from sport 7 and 9m to lights...
Saludos

Miguel
mikelet
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Yann » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:39 am

Lonny wrote:Using a 5m on 15m lines talk about response time. That must be unreal.

15m lines and 5m kite is a perfect combo i think. The response is almost instant which allows you to do the maneuvers with the kite and the board at the same time. The 3m is a bit to fast and it's difficult to sine the kite to get started. 20m should be perfect i think but haven't tried it yet with the 3m. 15m on a big kite as the 9m is also a bit to short since the bigger turning radius makes it harder to maneuver the kite without hitting the surface.

13m - 27m
9m - 25m or 20m
7m - 15m or 20m
5m - 15m
3m - 20m
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby chanson » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Yann..

Yep you called it... it's blowing 9mph to 52mph right now... :twisted: A little gusty.. :wink:
Today: Rain. High near 59. Windy, with a west wind around 36 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. not exactlly epic conditions.. :wink:

I agree...the 15m lines on my 6m is very responsive and allows some tight, quick manuvers that you need in high winds like that... I feel you can be more percise with your motions...

way to charge the monster session!! :twisted:
chanson
Shuv-it

Share |

Next

Return to Show us what you got!