Re: A Work In Progress: Video by Nate Apple
Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Board review (Morphius Surftech/Roush custome)

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Board review (Morphius Surftech/Roush custome)

Postby Dready » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 am

Well this season I had the opportunity and the honor to test and review boards for my sponsor Roush creation skim board in combination with surftech.
To be availed to review these boards first I will have to dive then on two categories: freestyle skim board or wave riding skim boards. (All of this is done on a kite skimmer point of view.)
So I will start with the freestyle skims first

Eric Roush - 51 3/4 Morphius
LENGTH: 4'3" 129.54 cm
NOSE: 9 3/4" at" 22.86 cm
MID: 20"" 50.80 cm
TAIL: 11 1/2" at" 27.94 cm
THICK: 3/4"" 7.62 cm
VOLUME: cc
FINS:
TECHNOLOGY: Epoxy Skim

This will be the best freestyle skim board on my personal opinion size wise can hold the weight of most riders and steel go up wind on light conditions, is unique concave technology aloud the board to stay on the water and on extremely over power riding (over 25 knots and on) also helps to land most of the tricks without slipping out of the board and gives it a unique pop that you cannot get on most of the boards.
Also this eliminates the needs of fins placing it as an intermediate and advance kite skimming board (not the best for beginners or persons learning how to ride strapless)
Is a very light board so is really easy to pop, spin, kick or hold which makes it a perfect board for most of the tricks on kite skimming.
Construction wise it feels really solid and so far have prove to hold most of the heavy free fall landing that comes with kite skimming, it could also be found on a costume carbon version for those afraid of breaking boards or those that like to put your boards for test like rail slides, kickers and really aggressive riding.
Its shape has amazing abilities that’s remains me riding an skate board a good nose rocker that helps to avoids sinking the nose on uneven landings and a good wide tail that give you a solid feeling for olies and power up landings.
This board actually comes with side channels on the top for a better hand grip on aerial grabs tricks.
For being a really thing board and having sharp edges it cuts on the chops like a hot knife on butter, this also give it the unique advantage of using the board rails as a fin to steer it in any direction or to break speed.
It is an extremely responsive board and by changing your stands on it can make the board speed up or slow down, go more or less up wind and if you learn how to kick it well you can make it spin on a really control way 180, 360 and even 540 without any problem.
On the costume version it can be modified for more demanding riders and change the material from epoxy to carbon to get more durability, add more concave for riders that like to be power up, texture tops for better grip or simply costume art paint to personalize the board.
The only cons that I could find in this board come towards wave riding. It could easy hold small waves but after certain size and power of the wave the kite power did not help to ride the waves and you end up cutting trough the waves, or the nose of the board dives in or the speed that it reach makes it hard to a stay on the board but we have to remember and to take in consideration that kite skimming and skim boarding have different speeds and uses of the edges of the board.
As a pro for this board I could find that it makes and excellent board for wakeboarding (as good as any wake skate) and of course it is a top of the line for not saying the best board for its original use.

Cheers.

Ps: soon you will get my next review on other of the Roush creations master pieces.
Attachments
DSC00988.JPG
My quiver
DSC00988.JPG (459.02 KiB) Viewed 21482 times
DSC00985.JPG
custome
DSC00985.JPG (334.16 KiB) Viewed 21475 times
Presentation1.jpg
Morphius Surftech/Roush
Presentation1.jpg (81.06 KiB) Viewed 21476 times
Dready
Shuv-it

Share |

Re: Board review (Morphius Surftech/Roush custome)

Postby Lonny » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 am

Dready,

Great review. Thanks for sharing your opinion of your boards with the other members. I know other users will find it very useful.

I went ahead and copied your review into the board review section so it can be found easily, and is also on the top of the forum for the skim section.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=157#p1378
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Dready » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:11 am

no worries lonny soon i will be posting some more review or each one of my boards of this seasson, i love this forum because it give us all the oportunity to get this branch of the sport stronger every times, me as the same of all of those that write on here we are just doing our share but you do the most by hosting the website.... thanks

how can i do to get some sticker for my boards....

cheers :D
Dready
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby Jazzz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:37 am

Dready wrote: is unique concave technology aloud the board to stay on the water and on extremely over power riding (over 25 knots and on) also helps to land most of the tricks without slipping out of the board and gives it a unique pop that you cannot get on most of the boards.

Ps: soon you will get my next review on other of the Roush creations master pieces.

Hi Dready!
Can you please be more specific about concave. ho much? is it going through the whole board or under the center only, etc.?
a picture woud be great))

thanks!
p.s. aawaitig more reviews , and plese make some overview of your board park - do you ride one and only board? or it depends more on conditions, or it's all about mood and state of mind? :D
p.p.s - so nice pics of you riding, but i'm sure everyone here wants to see a moving pictures!!
Jazzz
Grom

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy