Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

Officialy part of the gang

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

Officialy part of the gang

Postby Murphysegg » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:49 am

Well today i thought i'd take the final hurdle & removed the fins off my Nobile skimboard. :shock:

What can i say.....it was nowhere near as daunting a ride as i was expecting. A bit of a skatey feel, but i quickly got to grips with it. I soon realised that a bit of subtlety was reqd when doing Shuv it 180 transitions, as the thing spins on 6 pence. Took it out in the waves....big big fun :mrgreen:

My playground has now doubled in size :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Gonna try going unhooked tomorrow & give the 360's a go :? .
Murphysegg
Grom

Share |

Re: Officialy part of the gang

Postby steph » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Just did the same thing a month ago after reading so many posts advising to do it - thanks Lonny - and I doubt I'm ever going back to fins. Really fun slidy skimmy feeling! And I like that. I also found the shuv-its to be much easier than with those fins.

Now trying to get some airs (read around 5 inches)... But water is so cold that I'm not sure I'll get that dialed in this winter. May have to wait for spring to kick in...

Enjoy,
Steph
steph
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Lonny » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey Steph,

Welcome to LTS. Thank you for joining! Fins definitely have their place and use, but for most skim applications I really like to lose the fins too.

You guys have no idea how stoked I am to read about your progressions, and joys about riding strapless. If LTS helped play the smallest part in you finding that new avenue then I am honored, as I am sure the many contributors here are as well. Thanks for sharing the stoke.. Keep the fire going! 8)
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby steph » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Hey Lonny,

Thanks! LTS was what brought me into skimming in the first place, so keep it up! I also really enjoy Sundogchicky's video's and had plenty of fun in Paracuru last month trying to reproduce his style. But it's definitely waaayyyy more difficult than it looks...

Cheers,
Steph
steph
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby treeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah i love no fins on my nobile too def the way foward. Finally got out today after aleast a month and really stoked-getting cold though-ice in the carpark! :D
treeboy
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Murphysegg » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:12 am

I heard i was getting a bit of a slating by the "In Crowd" at a Local kite spot for riding a Skimmer in high winds. They just don't get it...... :roll: I think their even more fun with a small kite & a nice bit of swell. Best of both worlds i reckon, high or low wind :mrgreen: My Twintip is pretty much gathering dust in the back room.

Theyv'e no idea what their missing out on :lol:
Murphysegg
Grom

Share |

Postby cynbad » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:24 pm

I agree! Favorite skim conditions are lit 7m with swell for me!
cynbad
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby treeboy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:41 am

Yup me too! Some of my best seesions have been on a skim and 7m. Dont have a board with straps any more. Boots on my twin and skim only-all or nothing :D
treeboy
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby tryinghard » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 am

I was on here checking out to see if anyone had an alternative to the Kipuna and found this little gem......I was one of those kiters at the local giving the lad a slating, then Murphysegg got me to try skim and I haven't turned back....

Needless to say it opened my eyes to trying new things and not judging on face value. Kiting got really fun again about the same time I bought my skim !
tryinghard
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

tryinghard wrote:I was on here checking out to see if anyone had an alternative to the Kipuna and found this little gem......I was one of those kiters at the local giving the lad a slating, then Murphysegg got me to try skim and I haven't turned back....

Needless to say it opened my eyes to trying new things and not judging on face value. Kiting got really fun again about the same time I bought my skim !

Way to go Murphysegg! You will owe him at least 2 pints the next meeting at the local watering hole. :D

Lots more fun to come. Thanks for joining us here, and welcome to LTS!
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy