Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

F-One (mini) Malibu

This is the place to talk about riding styles, tricks, conditions, what works, what doesn't on your skimboard. Wondering about what skimboard to get for kiting? Post it all here.

Moderators: Lonny, Todd

F-One (mini) Malibu

Postby elijaramon » Thu May 17, 2012 9:42 am

Anyone got one of these boards?

They been created this year by F-One to help with learning the basics of strapless kiting. they are supposed to be good as paddle boards as well. they are meant for soft waves and cruising.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ON:

1. I already ride strappless for a while now and have a 6.0" and 6.3" surfboards but the waves in Cyprus in the summer tend to be 2-3 ft high most of the times and the wind cross onshore and was wondering whether it would be easier to catch them and have more fun with a bigger board like the malibu? (it is 7.0" by the way)

2. would i be able to practice and learn more easily things like tacks on this board (which I am struggling to learn at the mom) or to perform some small aerials and some sliding?

3. will this board be able to plain and go upwind with less wind than my other boards?

4. DO YOU THINK THIS SIZE OF BOARD IS GOOD FOR LEARNING HOW TO SURF? Or would ideally one need a slightly bigger board? (in the winter in cyprus waves can get up to 3-4 meters high sometimes but the wind is very unstable or not enough for kiting so I thought that if I were to get this board my secondary use for it would be to play around in these conditions to try and learn how to surf)

any advose on any of the above would be appreciated.
elijaramon
Grom

Share |

Return to Ripping on your Skimmy