Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Has anyone tried this?

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Has anyone tried this?

Postby Todd » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 pm

http://www.catchsurf.com/surfboards/product_info.php?cName=surfboards-the-one&products_id=1

This thing looks kind of rad. I wasn't sure whether to post in the skim or surf area, so I'm giving some love to surf today. Has anyone tried one of these? I got a tip from a young strapless rider up in Toronto about this one.

Lonny - maybe you could use your forum moderator prowess to get a freebie to test?? Jon?? Wes??
Todd
Shredder

Share |

Re: Has anyone tried this?

Postby Lonny » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah it looks interesting, but I think Bill Bryan could make anything look good. That guy is unreal. Really what you need to post is him killing it on that thing! :idea: :twisted:
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby Dready » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 am

yes i get to do it on regular bases... is super fun a bit technical at the begining to learn to padel it, because you have to drop on the pocket but after you master it is one of the best surfing you could ever have, i currently own 3 boards for this ( the loaf, and mega loaf from roushcreation and surftech were desing exactly to do this you could see this on the surftech site... and the dread one costume build by eric roush wich is my all around kite skim.

the diferent beteewn the boards is the how thick they could be. the mega loaf is a bit easyer to catch waves on it because it floats more but is less agile surfing wise it feels like a tiny lonboard, the loaf is more like small fish board as well as the dread one the diferent beteewn this two boards is on the rocker that has being raise up more as well as more concave to it (dread one is my pro model) and its only done by orders...

a pluss on this 3 boards is that you can get fcs fins (small surf number 5 fins) , in a truster set 2 surf and to small fins that comes with it, this helps to padel it but it does not stop the board for spining ...

i have some videos some where of an small surf competition with a friend on this boards i going to look for it to post it.

cheers
Dready
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby patrickrynne » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm

this looks extremely tempting

no more shin destruction from a skim....interesting

i agree, lonny pull some strings and get one of these puppies.
patrickrynne
Shuv-it

Share |

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am

Todd there is a rumor you got one.
So what's your experience,
is there any benefit with those thicker skimboards in light wind :?:

Bela

Todd wrote:http://www.catchsurf.com/surfboards/product_info.php?cName=surfboards-the-one&products_id=1

This thing looks kind of rad. I wasn't sure whether to post in the skim or surf area, so I'm giving some love to surf today. Has anyone tried one of these? I got a tip from a young strapless rider up in Toronto about this one.

Lonny - maybe you could use your forum moderator prowess to get a freebie to test?? Jon?? Wes??
DrLightWind
Grom

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard