Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

jon m - ditch plains/board

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

jon m - ditch plains/board

Postby petem » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Hey Jon -
this is Pete- im the goon on the North that was riding w/ Julien at ditch plains w/ you and Pete C last week. had a great time watching you ride - insane board control and moves - inspiring to see what can be done strapless in the surf.

im a new to the strapless angle- learning on a 6'8 jimmy rocket fish but thinking of smaller fun board. saw some posts on your 5'6 and you mentioned on the beach you love that board- noticed the dimensions - round nose/low rocker/wide tail. is the new cabrinha skillet board the same template or different?
petem
Grom

Share |

Re: jon m - ditch plains/board

Postby JonModica » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:57 am

petem wrote:Hey Jon -
this is Pete- im the goon on the North that was riding w/ Julien at ditch plains w/ you and Pete C last week. had a great time watching you ride - insane board control and moves - inspiring to see what can be done strapless in the surf.

im a new to the strapless angle- learning on a 6'8 jimmy rocket fish but thinking of smaller fun board. saw some posts on your 5'6 and you mentioned on the beach you love that board- noticed the dimensions - round nose/low rocker/wide tail. is the new cabrinha skillet board the same template or different?

Hey Pete,
Thanks for the kind words.
The new Cabrinha skillet was a compromise between my dimensions and something that is more realistic for the everyday rider, with lighter wind in mind.
Its definitely a sick board that i will have in my quiver.
Most people are bigger than me and need a little more board with more control....so thats why they made the skillet that way.
Let me know if you guys are riding anytime soon!
lata
-Jon
jonhobesound@aol.com
JonModica
Shredder

Share |

Re: jon m - ditch plains/board

Postby sundogchicky » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 pm

"Most people are bigger than me " and some of us are just shorter and fatter, im hoping they send those to the womens "B team" riders like me soon.....
i was hoping for a cabrinha skim, but nuggets, skillits ,wakeskates will do. I dont like the new kiteworld cover, i may have to go back to straps as they are so uncool. they may actually be cool again.
dangle
sundogchicky
Indy Grab

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard