Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Placebo Überfish 5'10" vs ...Lost RNF 5'11"

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Placebo Überfish 5'10" vs ...Lost RNF 5'11"

Postby Yann » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 am

This summer I bought a ...Lost Round Nose Fish 5'11" and loving it! I haven't kitesurfed it and I'm not planning on either. Instead I'm going to get something similar to use for kiting. The Placebo Überfish caught my attention and I'm getting a better deal than last time so it's worth the extra money. What is the difference between the two? I'm looking at the 5'10" because I want to be able to use it as a one-board-quiver for both surfing and kiting when traveling. I'm 80kg. What do you guys think? I want a board that flows down the sloppy wind blown wave faces we have here. Is the 5'10" to small for me? What size is Modicas Überfish?

What I like about the RNF is that it pretty much feels like a shortboard when ridden on the back foot in heavy bottom turns so I figured it will be suitable for kiting. Give me your thoughts!
- sorry it's in swedish but pictures are international ;-)
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Re: Placebo Überfish 5'10" vs ...Lost RNF 5'11"

Postby JonModica » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 am

Yann wrote:This summer I bought a ...Lost Round Nose Fish 5'11" and loving it! I haven't kitesurfed it and I'm not planning on either. Instead I'm going to get something similar to use for kiting. The Placebo Überfish caught my attention and I'm getting a better deal than last time so it's worth the extra money. What is the difference between the two? I'm looking at the 5'10" because I want to be able to use it as a one-board-quiver for both surfing and kiting when traveling. I'm 80kg. What do you guys think? I want a board that flows down the sloppy wind blown wave faces we have here. Is the 5'10" to small for me? What size is Modicas Überfish?

What I like about the RNF is that it pretty much feels like a shortboard when ridden on the back foot in heavy bottom turns so I figured it will be suitable for kiting. Give me your thoughts!

My uberfish was one of my favorite boards. Its a 5'6 and im 160lbs.
I feel the 5'10 is really big. I would consider the 5'8
Ignore the length. The buoyancy of flexlite material and the width of the boards make them feel REALLY BIG!
-Jon
JonModica
Shredder

Share |

Postby Yann » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:42 am

Ok, right now I'm leaning towards the 5'8" since I will use it primarily for kiting and don't want it to feel to big. What fins and setup do you recommend?
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Postby JonModica » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:27 pm

Yann wrote:Ok, right now I'm leaning towards the 5'8" since I will use it primarily for kiting and don't want it to feel to big. What fins and setup do you recommend?

I really liked a medium set of side fins with a slightly smaller fin in the back.
It depends on which size surf.

Also, the new uber fishes have 5 fin boxes so try the quad out and let me know!!!!!!!
-Jon
JonModica
Shredder

Share |

Postby Yann » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:43 am

Ok, thanks, ordered a 5'8" from the dealer now so I guess it will take a couple of months to get it.
Yann
Pop Shuv-it

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard