Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

Some really nice strapless boards

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Re: Some really nice strapless boards

Postby Lonny » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Alan,

Welcome to LTS. Thank you for joining us here, and taking some time to post your thoughts on your new Lost Rocket. I second Tungsten's comment, and found your post very insightful. LTS has many many more people that visit here for information rather than post, and I am sure that your review will be very well received by many people. Please message me your address and I will see if I can send you out an LTS sticker for your new board! 8)
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby al.bennett » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 pm

I have added 6oz glass over most of the deck with an additional 6oz but under front foot and just in front of deck pad at back, and to finish it off I've added a front deck pad. But of work but it feels good and as the board is so light to begin with its still fairly light, and hopefully bulletproof now.
Ill post up a pic later

Murphys law- Hydroflex email me this morning saying they r now doing kiteboards. I can't see anything online yet, but I've asked them for tech details on what they did to beef up the board.
al.bennett
Grom

Share |

Postby coloradokiter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 am

Hi Al, thanks for sharing your experience. Please keep us informed about what they are doing/offering for kitesurfers.

thanks
coloradokiter
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby al.bennett » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:40 pm

info back from hydroflex re kite version of rocket is -
heavier density foam, with more glass on top, and 'something' like carbon, but clear on top deck - approx $950

I've beefed up my rocket with 1 full layer of 6oz glass + an additional layer of 6 oz under front foot area and just in front of rear deck pad (thats 12oz extra :-0).
I've also added a front deck pad to protect it.
so far so good :-) the board is that light to begin with, that the extra glass doesn't make it heavy (its still lighter than any other kite board i have ),
I've been out on it recently in powered up conditions and no bother with. it should be pretty strong now. love the weight, instant speed, snappiness of this board.

I've attached a pic of it in its current state

ps - i had a rip on the new 5'11' firewire Taj (second generation) its a lot heavier than first gen but its a beaut board, feels slow and heavy jumping on straight after the rocket, but it is a seriously nice board on a wave. The second gen boards have apparently sorted the delam issues of the first gen - ill be looking for one of these in the new year :-)
Attachments
IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2047.jpg (287.68 KiB) Viewed 80569 times
IMG_2051.jpg
IMG_2051.jpg (229.99 KiB) Viewed 80569 times
al.bennett
Grom

Share |

Postby abomb » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 pm

My two cents on Hydroflex: Last Summer (July '11) I got a Hydroflex 6'1" Bufo Traveler's Complex surfboard and have used it about 50 times, from SF Bay swell at 3rd Ave to Tanker wakes off Crissy to overhead sets at Waddell Creek. I'm 72kg and fly Naish Park and F-One Bandits, wax only no deck pads. I've been getting about 6-8' off the water doing sloppy beginner strapless airs and dropping into big waves - often awkwardly - all the time pounding the hell out of the deck with my front foot and so far so good - no cracks or damage. Just did my first re-inflate to pop out my heel dings (I'm afraid if I let 'em get too deep the board might crack) and will work on grinding them back into the board this Spring. I absolutely love this board and I'm thrilled it's held up so well so far - we'll see if it lasts a whole year. I've also got a Caution Trespass 5'10" and an F One Signature 5'8" and I like this board more than both of them - and those are both great boards. The only thing I'd note is that it's a bit light, since it likes to fly away on high-wind days when I jump - so anyone looking to get a Hydroflex would do well to get the "kiteboard" version with the additional reinforcement on the deck and a bit more weight to the board, and maybe if you ask them they'll make you one without the inserts for the straps, cause who needs those?
abomb
Grom

Share |

Postby davejayc » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey folks!

Been a while since I've used this forum... too busy riding!

Just wanted to plug away at the keyboard for a quick post;

Jon, on your recommendation (re: this post!), I bought an Al Merrick biscuit, 5'8.

It's been a really great board. It's super stable, makes for easy tacks, and it kicks in light wind.
My only two complaints after a few months of riding are that it dings super easily, and it has soo much volume that its pretty tough to grab re: airs.

I may stray away from poly boards as a result of the ding issue.

On the other hand, got to ride my bro M.M.'s '11 cab skillit, 5'6 and lovvved it. So great for punting airs! Every little piece of chop I wanted to destroy, and in one direction I was probably spending 30% of the time airborne.
Plus its built nice and tough and thin for grabbing.

Word!
I'm almost 100% strapless riding now. The wakeboard only gets pulled out if the poly board is under repair. Haha.

DC
NS,Can
davejayc
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby chenzo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 pm

This is my bud Mika and his new model of hollow cedar boards he's building. The board is in my garage right now, and if I'm lucky I'll get out on it tomoro.

chenzo
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Nice woody! Looks insane. Re-posted your pic to FB also.
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby tungsten » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:15 am

Looks really good! Send more pics please! And a test report!
tungsten
Shredder

Share |

Postby Slyde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Love the sign, looks like someone's been shooting at it..Private property, use at your own risk. Hope you don't have to cross it to get to your kite spot :lol:
Board looks mint BTW. You should hang it on your wall, looks way too nice to ride.
:D
Slyde
Shuv-it

Share |

Previous

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard