Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Lonny, Jon, SDC kites?

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Re: Lonny, Jon, SDC kites?

Postby mike dubs » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:34 am

Boris,

the Wainmans are really good, after 10 years kiting and changing kites every year as they've developed, I've had my Wainmans for just under 2 years. Great fun, really good top and low end, tunable etc, it's just that I fancy a change and would not hesitate to go back to them if I don't get on with anything new. The 9m smoke has a fantastic range, covering nearly 8-11m type range. Will let you know how I get on with my new Nomads.

regards

mike
mike dubs
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby boris » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:33 pm

mike dubs wrote:Boris,

the Wainmans are really good, after 10 years kiting and changing kites every year as they've developed, I've had my Wainmans for just under 2 years. Great fun, really good top and low end, tunable etc, it's just that I fancy a change and would not hesitate to go back to them if I don't get on with anything new. The 9m smoke has a fantastic range, covering nearly 8-11m type range. Will let you know how I get on with my new Nomads.

Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:
boris
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby coloradokiter » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 am

Just to chirp in here. Last year I flew the 2009 Naish Helix's, this year I'm on the 2010's. I work at a shop and had the pleasure of using the North EVO's a lot too. I had a lot of trouble last year getting some tricks dialed on the Helix and then when I tried the EVO's everything seemed to click and then when I went back to last years Helix's I had trouble again. But this year the new Helix's have been working very well for me. I found that the ease of the EVO helped me learn new tricks and then I was quickly able to adapt to the 2010 Helix. I still love the EVO but I find that when I go to the surfboard I prefer the Helix due to it's turning speed. I have to fly the Helix more aggressively. If I just rode the skimboard I would prefer the EVO but because I split my time Surfboard/Skimboard I am sticking to the Helix's. I feel I prefer the extra speed of the kite on waves.
coloradokiter
Getting Wet

Share |

Previous

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard