Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Cult for strapless?

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Cult for strapless?

Postby oldschool » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 am

Just started riding strapless about 2 months ago. So much fun. I'm wanting to replace my T3 quiver with a lighter bar pressure kite (I know anything is lighter than a T3). I rode a cult today and really liked it. Any other suggestions?
oldschool
Grom

Share |

Re: Cult for strapless?

Postby Lonny » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:40 am

Hey Oldschool,

Welcome to LTS! Thanks for posting your question. We recently had a great discussion about kites that are good for strapless riding. Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=518

Let us know if you have any more questions to help you on your way...
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby FredBGG » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 am

oldschool wrote:Just started riding strapless about 2 months ago. So much fun. I'm wanting to replace my T3 quiver with a lighter bar pressure kite (I know anything is lighter than a T3). I rode a cult today and really liked it. Any other suggestions?

My preference is Flysurfers for a bunch of reasons, but light bar pressure is one of them.

I recently tried an 8m Helix and found it really intresting. Most of all I got aquanted with it in no time at all. I was doing hopscotch on my board in no time.
From what I've seen the Cult is a similar bird. Very responsive, but not nervous.
FredBGG
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Rolavi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 am

I ride 09 helixs that are very similiar to 10 Cult and love it with the surfboard but not so much on the skim.
Rolavi
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby coloradokiter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 am

I've ridden the Cult and the Helix's for the last 3 years. I'll agree with Rolavi about liking them with the surfboard but not as much on the skimmer. Here's why: It mostly dealt with bar pressure for me. I like a bit more bar pressure than the Naish's have for skimming. Skimming has a lot to do with small easy kite movements where as in the surf with a surfboard you are more interested in quick turning and depower. I personally needed more bar pressure just so that the bar isn't moving to easily while I'm learning new skim tricks. Think of walking down a long flight of stairs with a railing. it's nice to have a hand on the railing for balance where as not having a hand on a rail can leave you moving around a lot more. So having a bit more bar pressure for me is like that railing. It helps me balance myself. That's probably a crutch but it's a crutch I like having.

I tried the 2010 Naish Charger and moved the trailing edge pick offs all the way forward (most bar pressure) and liked that kite a lot. You can do the same with the 2009 Helix or either of the 2010 Cult/Helix and it adds some pressure. The kites are great and loved them on the surfy but had issues with the skimmy.

I'm now riding the 2010 North Fuse after trying out Cults/Helix/Charger/EVO/Rebel. But looking forward to trying the 2011 Naish line again :)

Joel with disclosure that I work for a store that sells Naish and North.
coloradokiter
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby FredBGG » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:48 am

I think you'll find this intresting...

FredBGG
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard