Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop
Re: Make your own fins - #2 THE FIN SHAPER

Board help please...Gambler, Verve, or Rogue Custom

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Board help please...Gambler, Verve, or Rogue Custom

Postby 2tall » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for the help ahead of time...

I'm tall 6'7" and 225#. I can ride strapless on my friend's surfboard in flatwater without any problems. It's a little shortboard...way too small for me, but it works.

I ride in the Midwest w/ trips to Maui, OBX, and San Diego. Grew up surfing in SD so I'm familiar with regular surfboards, but I want a dedicated kite surfboard that I won't destroy. I'll use it as a lightwind board also in flatwater just messing around. I'll be in smaller waves...overhead or less. No desire to charge big waves...too old for that.

After reading up, looks like the SS Verve might work well, but the Gambler 5'10" also looks great. The Verve is definitely cheaper, but I don't know if they are even comparable. I've ridden the Dialer, but it had straps on it (didn't like that at all). A Rogue custom may be a potential, but I'd like to keep the price down. Also...how would the LF Kitefish compare...I know it's a totally different construction/board, but I like the $.

Thanks again....
2tall
Grom

Share |

Re: Board help please...Gambler, Verve, or Rogue Custom

Postby HillJason » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:16 pm

2 Tall,

I fabricate custom kiteboards at our marina in East Tawas MI. I would be happy to build you a specific prototype based completely on your desired specifications for no more than the cost of the materials involved in the construction. It’s about 16 hours of labor to build the board right now before paint/clear coat, but I'll eat that just to get these in the hands of the people. Check out the featured prototype skim at hillkiteboards.com.
Whatever you want we can build!
Contact me anytime (Contact info on website)
Regards,
Jason Hill
HillJason
Grom

Share |

Re: Board help please...Gambler, Verve, or Rogue Custom

Postby Greq » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:02 am

Dude

I would give the dialer another try. It is a pretty nice board for guys 200 and over. Lots of hidden volume for the size. Not a big wave machine by anymeans but can handle up to headhigh 4 sure. The straps slide of
f. The track system is ok not my cup of tea. Shallow rocker for early planing. Plus you can take 2 fins of for lightwind.
Greq
Grom

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard