Re: Movie: White Caps and Summer Hacks
Re: Which Front Pad
Re: Lake Erie Wave Day
Re: LF Skate 5'11" 2008 vs LF Skate 5'11" 2009
Re: Kite setup tips/tricks
Re: Which table to choose
Re: Strapless Air Transition with heli-loop

Which Front Pad

Are you killing it on your surfboard? Have a question about riding styles or a trick? What surfboards work, what doesn't. This is the place to talk about your surfboard gear.

Moderators: Todd, JonModica

Which Front Pad

Postby megaloopy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Hey guys last year got me a SS Celeritas 5'8" and the front pad came unglued so I removed it and been playing with different waxes but honestly it's really annoying me how little it lasts and not really digging it, seems like it only lasts about 20-35 minutes before I slip out, although I like the feel of not having a pad (feels a little of a discconect with the pad) I'm considering putting a front pad again and wanted to feedback on which pad(s) do u guys recommend or any advice is greatly apreciated?

Tnx in advance.
megaloopy
Grom

Share |

Postby Lonny » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 pm

I absolutely love the DaKine Front Pad. It has circular cutouts which are girppy, and still give you good connection to the board, but also provides cushion for impact. It is not too thick either, which I agree can make you feel disconnected. I also put some wax on top of the pad which gives it an even better feel. They are also pretty long in length and easy to trim to whatever size you deem appropriate for your board. They also use 3M adhesive and some other cheaper pads I have used tend to peel up with lesser quality glue. I attached a pic of my latest board with them installed, and a link to a shop I have used before that sells them. Keep ripping!

DaKine Front Pad
Attachments
IMG_20170518_153252.jpg
Custom Cab 5' 5" with DaKine Front Pad
IMG_20170518_153252.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 1093483 times
Represent and get your stickers at The LTS SWAG Shop

Like LTS on Facebook

Dedicated to the progression and evolution of strapless kitesurfing!
http://www.losethestraps.com
Lonny
Shredder

Share |

Postby megaloopy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:57 am

Hey Lonny tnx a bunch man, unfortunately, my bruh kept raving about him WMFG and I happen to catch a black Friday deal @ real for like $40. But will def look for these for next time, I saw ur board on another post and actually looked for that pad but couldn't find it on the Dakine site only thing I saw was the longboard surf traction but it was mucho $.

Yo... but tnx anyways
megaloopy
Grom

Share |

Postby monimorklea » Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 am

davidson02 wrote:I'm looking for a cheaper option of front pad replacement. A pre-owned item will do. Any recommendation?
concrete leveling macon ga
Best regards.

Are you still looking for one? I am planning to sell mine, if you want to see the picture or visit the front pad personally, just let me know. Thanks.
monimorklea
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Annasmith » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:20 pm

monimorklea wrote:
davidson02 wrote:I'm looking for a cheaper option of front pad replacement. A pre-owned item will do. Any recommendation?
basement crack repair Trevose, PA
Best regards.

Are you still looking for one? I am planning to sell mine, if you want to see the picture or visit the front pad personally, just let me know. Thanks.

Hello, I am interested to buy yours, Can I have your contact info for a fast transaction.
Thanks.
Annasmith
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby laosmataoan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:47 am

Just send me a message if any of you are interested in buying mine. Thanks! tulsa insulation contractors
laosmataoan
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby monimorklea » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:36 pm

It is not too thick either, which I agree can make you feel disconnected. https://www.normanhandymanservices.com/furniture-and-appliance-assembly-services-norman-ok
monimorklea
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby valsoansalosn » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:46 pm

Additionally, they use 3M adhesive, whereas some of the other less expensive pads I've used have glue that tends to pull off. mold removal atlanta ga
valsoansalosn
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby cupcake » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:07 am

They are also pretty long in length and easy to trim to whatever size you deem appropriate for your board.plumber near me
cupcake
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby consuelafox » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:07 pm

The only item I saw was a longboard surfboard, but it cost a lot of money. handyman masonry near me
consuelafox
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby SofiaL » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:45 am

Just send me a message if any of you are interested in buying mine. Thanks!bathroom remodel
SofiaL
Getting Wet

Share |

Postby Faith Sarim » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:53 am

They are also pretty long in length and easy to trim to whatever size you deem appropriate for your board.commercial carpet cleaning company
Faith Sarim
Getting Wet

Share |

Return to Shredding on your Surfboard